Accidents will happen, time has it’s way with things & if you never mess up your not doing anything (or so a wise man told me). Garage door panel replacement is a less expensive repair option than replacing a whole garage door. Some options are replacing a single panel, all the panels or reinforcing a bent door so it will open properly.
Can My Door Be Fixed?
A Few Things To Consider
- Do you know what brand it is? You want a new panel to look like the rest of the door.
- What kind of laps do the panels have? Ship lap & tongue & groove are the most common. If you have a Clopay door (the largest selling brand) the older doors have ship laps & newer tongue & groove (more on that below).
- An old door may have faded paint.
- If you have a custom garage door special considerations need to be taken into account.
- Is it worth fixing? Sometimes a garage door is just wore out.